Monday, February 5, 2007

Deeper Thinking

The media is manipulating us by throwing at us flashy stories often appealing to our inner thoughts and instincts trying to lead us away from what are the real issues of the world around us are.

1 comment:

Maya M said...

Edy, I read your comment on my blog and reading this short post of yours, it again seems to me that you regard individuals (and small nations) as helpless pawns in the game of the powerful bad guys. But I think in this way you shoot yourself in the foot, you will be reluctant to struggle for anything because you'll think it is to no avail. So, even if you are left to act freely, you will not use your freedom because you won't know it exists. I think it's better to live with the conviction that things depend partly on you, that you are free, potent and responsible. Then, even if you are exhausted in some battle you eventually lose, you at least will know you've done what depends on you.